Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Is it ok to be friends ?

I'm 21. I currently have a loving down to earth boyfriend; We have been dating for 9 months. Two months before this my ex and I were still together. We had a 3 1/2 on and off relationship throughout high school. At first it was heaven being each others first everything (hand holding, kiss, intimately, relationship, etc.). After 8 months I broke it off. This is where the arguments started. Later we dated on and off. He abused me verbally on a regular basis telling me I was too ugly to have another guy and I was too stupid to every get anywhere without him in life, so I could never leave him. I still love him though. Last spring he choked me till I almost blacked out at his house when we were alone. He laughed the entire time telling me how weak I was. I said nothing because he is younger than me and I was embarrassed. This created a fear of him in me, though I try to act fine. Now he wants to be friends with me after 9 months and we will be attending the same college....just my luck. Is it ok to be friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment